Getting around Lakeside without a vehicle is easy thanks to several options.
- Local buses run between all Lakeside communities and the fare is around $9 MXN pesos from one area to another. They run every 20 minutes from early morning to late evening.
- Buses from Chapala to Guadalajara run directly from the Chapala bus station. They are larger and newer versions of the local buses. The buses run 365 days a year and are both frequent and inexpensive – around $70 MXN pesos.
- Cross country buses run to and from the Nueva Central Camionera in Guadalajara. There are a number of bus lines that are luxurious, inexpensive, extremely comfortable, and run to all major area of Mexico and the US.
- These buses travel along the modern toll roads or cuoata to get you to your destination quickly.
- Taxis are plentiful, safe and inexpensive.
- You may also choose the UBER service or English-speaking private drivers.
- There are several car rental agencies offering respectable rates and range of vehicles. Car rental at Guadalajara airport is available and convenient, although more expensive than the local companies.